A few of our accomplishments:
- Opened DC’s first arts incubator, Flashpoint, and incubated ten emerging arts organizations there including Artomatic, Fringe Festival, Step Afrika! and Washington Improv Theater
- Purchased and renovated Source as a multi-user performing arts facility providing performance, rehearsal and office space for numerous arts organizations
- Developed DC’s first (legal) artist live/work housing (at The Mather Studios)
- Produced the Source Festival – an annual three-week performing arts festival
- Brokered 18 arts space projects totaling almost 250,000 square feet of space including the Atlas Performing Arts Center, GALA Hispanic Theatre, Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company and Ticketplace
- Honored with the Washington Post Award for Innovative Leadership in the Theatre Community at the 2007 Helen Hayes Awards
- Honored with the 2008 Mayor’s Arts Award for Excellence in Service to the Arts
- Worked with 108 visual artists in Flashpoint Gallery, 11 organizations and 13 individuals in the Mead Theatre Lab Program and nearly 200 performing artists, playwrights, and directors at Source Festival. View a list of our artist alumni.
- Presented, produced and hosted over 50 exhibitions, performances, professional development workshops, membership events and more. Click here to see the full list!