CulturalDC Interns job announcement
CulturalDC is a nonprofit organization, founded in 1998 (as the CulturalDC), that makes space for art through its programs and services. CulturalDC’s mission is to encourage artistic innovation connecting artists, arts organizations, developers and government agencies to facilitate economic and cultural vibrancy in the District of Columbia and neighboring urban communities. We are a catalyst to and a resource for emerging arts organizations, providing them with a wide range of programs and services that support emerging artists’ ability to live and work in the city. Our work brings audiences access to affordable, innovative visual and performing art. We also provide services to developers in their creative space-making initiatives. Flashpoint, our downtown arts incubator, offers affordable space for arts presentations and mentors up-and-coming artists and organizations through residency, gallery and theatre lab programs. Source, located in the 14th Street arts corridor, is a multi-user performing arts venue equipped with administrative, rehearsal and performance spaces for resident companies and other performing arts groups in the DC area.
CulturalDC Internships offer the opportunity to work for and gain experience with an established arts service organization in the DC area. The position requires 16-20 hours/week, including some Saturdays and evenings for special events. Interns will have the opportunity to work with CulturalDC’s Staff, Board of Directors & Artists. Each position will receive a unique opportunity to learn about the wide variety of programs and services that CulturalDC offers to area artists and arts organizations.
2017 Winter Internships are Available in the Following Departments:
(((POSITION FILLED))) Marketing & Communications
- Update CulturalDC website, email lists, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms
- Assist Communications Manager in the implementation of CulturalDC’s Communications Strategy and Plan
- Assist with the development and updating media lists and other administrative databases
- Assist with visitor tracking, and stakeholder correspondence
- Participate in consulting projects related to facility and technical management
- Assistance with set up for meetings and events
Provide general administrative and operations support, as needed. Ex: paying bills, due dates for check requests, reimbursements and credit card reconciliations
- Supporting routine and reactive maintenance tasks
- Provide administrative support for Executive Director including calendar management and weekly strategic planning
- Work on special projects as needed
- Prepare documents for donor and prospect meetings
- Support recurring administrative tasks
- Support some special events including Gallery and Theatre Lab Openings
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Using Raiser’s Edge Database:
- Assist with the production and mailing of year-end and special appeal letters.
- Assist with donor events to include invitation, guest lists, registration and other duties necessary for fund-raising events.
- Help coordinate volunteers for all member-related donor events.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files
- Continually update and correct database records
- College senior, graduate student or recent graduate preferred
- Knowledge and interest in contemporary art; theatre; and arts administration
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Individual must be comfortable working in a cooperative environment that represents a broad range of artistic, cultural and social points of view
- Availability for flexible work schedule, including evening events and Saturdays
Hours are flexible; however the intern must commit to 16-20 hours per week for a minimum of 8 weeks. Start date and duration are flexible
Class Credit and Transportation Stipend Available
How to apply:
Deadline for applications: November 21, 2016
To apply, submit a resume with cover letter to:
ATTN: Intern Search-[Include position preference]
916 G Street NW, Washington, DC 20001