Department: Development + Communications
Reports to: Director of Development + Communications
The Development Associate is responsible for all administrative aspects of development.
Scope and Impact
Reporting to the Director of Development + Communications, the Development Associate plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development + Communications Office, participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals and special events.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Using Raiser’s Edge database:
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Track tax credit donations in the database and keep a file for each tax credit donor.
- Campaign support:
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate and foundation donors.
- Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations or other data related to potential individual donors.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters.
- Assist with communication activities as required.
- Coordinate volunteers for all member-related donor events.
- Handle all administrative details associated with the Board and Committees (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc).
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development + Communications.
Preparation and Knowledge
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Raiser’s Edge Database management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Development Associate Position
916 G St NW
Washington, DC 20001
Open until position is filled.
CulturalDC, a non-profit organization dedicated to making space for art, is accepting applications for the position of Source Festival Associate Producer. This part-time contract position collaborates with the Source Festival production team to present a three-week Festival of new work (June 5-28, 2015). This position reports to the Source Festival Artistic Director/Director of Artistic Programs.
- Participate in script and artist selection processes;
- Manage casting for 18 10-minute plays and 3 full-length plays;
- Attend LOWT Auditions and Non-Equity Auditions if necessary;
- Manage staffing for stage management and run crew teams for the Festival;
- Collaborate with CulturalDC Technical & Facilities Manager to execute production management of Festival;
- Participate in weekly Festival Staff meetings and major Festival Pre-Events;
- Serve as Front of House staff as needed;
- Maintain regular communication with Festival Producer and CulturalDC staff;
- Support general festival administration as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of one year producing experience in commercial or non-profit performing arts organizations;
- Experience with contracts, casting, production management working with artists;
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment;
- Superb writing, customer service and organizational skills, plus excellent computer skills;
- Flexible work schedule, including some weekdays, evening and weekend hours especially during the Festival; and
- Comfort in a cooperative environment that supports a broad range of artistic, cultural and social points of view.
Fixed Fee Contract
September 1, 2014
How to apply:
To apply, submit a resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Associate Producer Search