CulturalDC, a non-profit organization dedicated to making space for art, is accepting applications for the position of Source Festival Associate Producer. This part-time contract position collaborates with the Source Festival production team to present a three-week Festival of new work (June 5-28, 2015). This position reports to the Source Festival Artistic Director/Director of Artistic Programs.
- Participate in script and artist selection processes;
- Manage casting for 18 10-minute plays and 3 full-length plays;
- Attend LOWT Auditions and Non-Equity Auditions if necessary;
- Manage staffing for stage management and run crew teams for the Festival;
- Collaborate with CulturalDC Technical & Facilities Manager to execute production management of Festival;
- Participate in weekly Festival Staff meetings and major Festival Pre-Events;
- Serve as Front of House staff as needed;
- Maintain regular communication with Festival Producer and CulturalDC staff;
- Support general festival administration as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of one year producing experience in commercial or non-profit performing arts organizations;
- Experience with contracts, casting, production management working with artists;
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment;
- Superb writing, customer service and organizational skills, plus excellent computer skills;
- Flexible work schedule, including some weekdays, evening and weekend hours especially during the Festival; and
- Comfort in a cooperative environment that supports a broad range of artistic, cultural and social points of view.
Fixed Fee Contract
September 1, 2014
How to apply:
To apply, submit a resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
Subject: Associate Producer Search